© All rights reserved to Aitech 2019
S740 | Radiation Tolerant Communications PMC
Aitech’s S740 Communications PMC is a single width, conduction-cooled PCI mezzanine card (PMC) designed and characterized primarily for space applications. The board features 16 RS-422 differential inputs and 16 RS-422 differential outputs with onboard FPGA logic to interface to the external spacecraft sensors and devices.
The S740 has an onboard PCI Bus DMA controller to move data to/from system buffers and the local onboard SDRAM buffers. An additional DMA controller moves data to/from the SDRAM buffers to/from the serial I/O ports. Output data packets are automatically sent out from the on board buffers and incoming data packets are stored on board until a programmable packet size is received and the local DMA controller then transfers received data to global memory across the PCI bus.
- 16 Input and 16 Output Differential channels of RS-422, LVDS, MLVDS
- Optional up to 64 TTL Drivers and/or Receivers (or mixture I/O standards)
- Custom and Standard Product FPGA Control Logic available for a variety of spacecraft standard or custom data interfaces
- Serial I/O can be configured to NRZ-L, NRZ-M and BiPhase-L Modes with changes to the FPGA
- DMA engine for data transfer to and from the SBC via the local PCI (PMC) Bus
- 128 Mbytes of ECC Protected On-Board Memory Integrated with DMA controller for Input and Output data packet buffering
- Rear I/O via the Motherboard (SBC or Carrier Card) to the cPCI backplane
- Software Configurable Interrupt capability to indicate completion of DMA controlled packet data transfers
- IEEE 1101.2 (conduction cooled) for both engineering unit and flight unit
- 32-bit PCI 3.0 compliant PCI Master/Slave interface at 33.333 MHz
- S740 nominal power consumption is less than 5 Watts