Technical Documentation Engineer/Specialist
About The Position
At Aitech, our team is driven to redefine the possibilities of embedded hardware systems for space applications. We pride ourselves on 40 years of successful space and mil-aero hardware delivery to our customers! We are growing our team to support human space flight missions to the lunar surface and beyond!
The Aitech team seeks a highly talented Technical Documentation Specialist to work with our Engineering and Quality organizations to produce technical documents on our products, end item data package and other technical documentation as needed.
· Responsible for creating technical documents and guides, explain complex information clearly and concisely, and working with staff to ensure accuracy of all documentation related to requirements, design, and implementation.
· Collaborate with internal business partners (such as Program Managers, Operations, and engineers) to develop written technical documentation.
· Prepare documentation in support of customer programs, including support packages for PDR, CDR, MRR, and TRR review gates.
· Create PowerPoint or Word documents, as needed to support documentation needs
· Build and maintain a documentation library using tools such as Confluence, Arena, SharePoint and Teams to make documents available to internal users.
· Plan, organize, develop, and edit technical documentation (including implementation procedures, guides, and technical best practices)
· Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
· Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
· Work with Product Managers and Business Development to build technical collateral for customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences in a very highly specialized role around security
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
· Strong written communication skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Confluence
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Communications and/or a related field.
· 5+ years as a technical writer for hardware products
· Familiarity with defense and / or space industry
Aitech Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in the strength of a diverse work force and encourage qualified individuals to apply. It is the policy of Aitech to attract and retain the best qualified people available without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
Must be a US person (US Citizen or legal resident of US)