© All rights reserved to Aitech 2019
S750 | Managed/Unmanaged GbE Switch PMC
The S750 is a COTS, radiation-tolerant, Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switch PCI mezzanine card (PMC) that quickly and reliably transfers Ethernet data to and from GbE NIC end-points and the host CPU. With on-board memory and key function redundancy implemented in a rad-hard FPGA, the new PMC is specifically designed for harsh space environments including low earth orbit (LEO), Mars terrestrial and geostationary earth orbit (GEO).
The S750 features up to four 100/1000BaseT, full duplex Ethernet ports and one emulated virtual network port for network access to the single board computer (SBC) network stack via the local PCI bus. 1000Base-X is available as an option.
- Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet Switch Designed for Space and ISS Applications
- Four 100/1000BaseT Full Duplex (FD) Ethernet ports
- One ""Primitive"" Port Offered Network Access for a Aitech SBC via the Local PCI Bus
- Provide MAC Address Translation for High-speed Multipoint Data Distribution
- Buffer Memory with Triple-voted Algorithm is Provided for Flight Units
- FPGA Managed Reset of the Local Ethernet Physical Interfaces
- Engineering Unit Design is available with PMC Front Panel Ports
- Flight Unit provide Rear/Backplane I/O Ports only via the SBC to the CompactPCI Backplane
- 32-bit PCI 2.1 Compliant CompactPCI Interface at 33.333 MHz with Onboard DMA Engines
- S750 Nominal Power Consumption is approx. 8 Watts
- Level-2 Screening per NASA GSFC EEE-INST-001 Guideline is also available