© All rights reserved to Aitech 2023
S710 | Radiation Tolerant Communications PMC
FireWire 1394a and Serial I/O
The S710 PMC is a single-wide, conduction cooled PCI mezzanine featuring RS-422 differential inputs and outputs with onboard FPGA logic to interface to external spacecraft sensors and devices. The incoming data is parsed and stored in a ring buffer or dual buffer modes with a triple-voted mechanism to mitigate single event upset to the onboard memory buffer.
The S710 also provides for an IEEE-1394a communications interface with 3 physical ports. The FireWire ports are designed to provide DMA capability to local PCI memory.
- Designed for LEO, Mars Terrestrial with an Option for GEO Environments
- One (1) IEEE-1394a FireWire OHCI Controller and Three (3) 400Mbps FireWire Ports with Power Management Circuitry
- 12 RS-422 Input and 12 RS-422 Output Channels can be Configured to NRZ-L, NRZ-M and BiPhase-L Modes
- FPGA Control Logic for a Variety of Spacecraft Standard or Custom Data Interfaces
- Triple-Voted Algorithm is Provided for Input and Output Data Buffer
- Software Configurable Interrupt Capability to Indicate Completion of Pre-defined Tasks
- IEEE 1101.2 (Conduction-Cooled) for Both Engineering Unit and Flight Unit
- 32-bit PCI 2.1 Compliant CompactPCI Interface at 33.333 MHz
- Full-Featured 1394 Software Library is Available for VxWorks
- S710 Nominal Power Consumption is Less than 3.5 Watts
- Level-2 Components per NASA GSFC 311-INST-001A Specification are Available