© All rights reserved to Aitech 2022
Nighthawk RCU™ | Remote Interface Unit
The NightHawk RCU is an extremely rugged, compact, Intel® Atom-based, self-contained control unit that weighs only 4.5 lbs (2 kg). Its reduced weight, combined with a slim profile and natural convection/radiation cooling, makes the rugged control unit ideal for a variety of military, aerospace and commercial environments. The unit can dissipate up to 22 W at either +55°C in stagnant (non-flowing) air or up to 71°C with an optional low-pressure fan or baseplate.
Specific uses include as a data concentrator and remote interface unit in manned and unmanned, ground or airborne vehicles. It can also be employed in low SWaP data concentrator unit (DCU) and remote interface unit (RIU) applications. For military tracked and wheeled vehicle applications, the NightHawk RCU can provide condition-based maintenance (CBM) functionality to reduce preventative vehicle maintenance costs.
- Deeply Embedded PC-based Remote Interface Unit (RIU) / Data Concentrator Unit (DCU)
- High Performance PC – Low Power Intel Processor in a Lightweight, Passive Air-cooled Rugged and Sealed Compact Enclosure
- Intel® Atom™ N270 Processor (Navy Pier Platform) at 1.6GHz with 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Data Storage – from 4 to 8 GB SSD standard, with optional expansion to 250 GB SSD
- Complete set of standard PC I/O Interfaces (Dual Gigabit Ethernet, Video Graphics, Stereo Audio in/out, USB, RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 Serial Ports, Parallel Port, PS/2 Ports)
- Extensive internal support for added peripherals and I/O expansion
- 18-36* VDC Power Input with EMI/EMC-compliant Power Input Filter – 20W Pd Typical
- Three rugged MIL-DTL-38999 connectors (1 – Power, 2 – Standard PC I/O, 3 – Custom I/O)
- Designed for Rugged, Harsh Mechanical, Climatic, Chemical and Electrical Applications
- Supported OS: Windows Embedded XP, Linux, VxWorks
DTL-38999 I/O break-out cable to standard PC I/O connectors