Aitech is a great place to work and it’s all because of our culture, built on our core values of trust and mutual respect. We demonstrate these in everything we do for our customers, our suppliers and our employees.
Our company vision is to provide valued systems solutions and competitive advantages to our customers, while creating a well-rounded culture that allows all our employees to develop and grow their careers. Aitech is continuously looking for talented individuals.
If you're interested in a career with Aitech, please review the open positions at each of our locations below.
About The Position
At Aitech, our team is driven to redefine the possibilities of embedded hardware systems for space applications. We pride ourselves on 30+ years of successful space hardware delivery to our customers! We are growing our team to support human space flight missions to the lunar surface and beyond!
Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. A key responsibility of this role to develop and manage relationships with critical space suppliers.
As a member of the Operations team, the Materials Manager’s responsibilities are as follows:
· Manage a cross-functional, fully integrated planning/purchasing team responsible for make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
· Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
· Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
· Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
· Follow methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
· Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
· Supervises the inventory available and generates monthly inventory report to be presented to Management
· Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
· Supports production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
· Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
- Work closely with Organization Development Manager to implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures for materials and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Improve utilization of MRP tools within material planning team.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Responsible, in conjunction with Finance and the Chief Operating Officer (COO), for accuracy of inventory counts, identifying discrepancies and taking corrective action to eliminate discrepancies in the future.
- Develop strategies to improve inventory turnover.
- Identifies the emergency requirements of the materials and arranges supplies for the same
A management background is a must for the Materials Manager role.
Minimum 7-10 years progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing, preferably within a design and manufacturing environment in the space and mil-aero market.
Experience in working with assembly and fabrication for space and mil-aero electronics
Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
Experience with Microsoft Office and Atlassian applications.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Aitech Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in the strength of a diverse work force and encourage qualified individuals to apply. It is the policy of Aitech to attract and retain the best qualified people available without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran.
BS degree in business, management or other related discipline
ERP/MRP Systems Experience is required
APICS Certification is required
Must have good negotiating skills and verbal and written communication skills
Must be a US person (US Citizen or legal resident of US)