Aitech is a great place to work and it’s all because of our culture, built on our core values of trust and mutual respect. We demonstrate these in everything we do for our customers, our suppliers and our employees.
Our company vision is to provide valued systems solutions and competitive advantages to our customers, while creating a well-rounded culture that allows all our employees to develop and grow their careers. Aitech is continuously looking for talented individuals.
If you're interested in a career with Aitech, please review the open positions at each of our locations below.
Space Field Application Engineer
About The Position
At Aitech, our team is driven to redefine the possibilities of embedded hardware systems for space applications. We pride ourselves on 30+ years of successful space hardware delivery to our customers! We are growing our team to support human space flight missions to the lunar surface and beyond!
· Provide pre-sales, post sales and marketing technical support for Aitech Space products
· Providing technical presentations at an engineering level on system, support, and demonstrations
· Provides hardware technical assistance to marketing for customer feedback on features and requirements
· Acts as an intermediary between the customer and engineering to address and resolve technical product-orientated issues.
· Guide customers in suggested hardware and software design as related to Aitech products
· Promote the needs of the customers internally, and help drive Aitech’s marketing product roadmap, including feature definition, product development, datasheets and product roadmap alignment
· Creates technical white papers and publications and reviews documents covering technical product improvements
· Provide post-sales customer hardware and software technical support, including troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution of application issues related to Aitech’s Space products in our customer’s applications
· Communicates with appropriate product marketing and engineering personnel to ensure resolved solutions are included within the next product release
5+ years of real-time hardware/software development experience.
3+ years of experience in technical pre-sales
- Bachelor Science degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, computer engineering or mechanical engineering and equivalent direct work experience preferred in the Space/Aerospace/Defense industry.
* Aitech Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in the strength of a diverse work force and encourage qualified individuals to apply. It is the policy of Aitech to attract and retain the best qualified people available without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran.
- Direct hardware working experience with OpenVPX, VMEbus and cPCI/PCIe systems, Freescale Power Architecture, ARM and/or Intel-based single board computer and I/O board-level products.
- Software integration experience with embedded and real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as VxWorks, Integrity, MQX and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of GPGPU technologies and applications applicable to the promotion and support of Aitech’s Space products
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of customers, engineering, marketing and other Tech. Support team members.
- Organized, with strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Detail-oriented problem-solving skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly proficient and demonstrated in the use of PC-based Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Space/Aerospace/Defense embedded computing board and subsystems markets and industry is highly desired.
*COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
*Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the United States