Quality Assurance Manager
About The Position
SUMMARY: Responsibilities include the leadership of the Quality Assurance team in planning, directing, and coordinating assurance efforts for programs and manufacturing in compliance with company’s quality processes and procedures. The position will require an innovative leader who can influence and lead positive change throughout the site including partnerships with Programs, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering and other key stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, evaluate and improve the company’s quality assurance system programs that meet the requirements of AS9100 and the Customer Specific Quality Requirements flow-down in POs, Long Term Agreements and Contracts.
- Maintains Quality Manual, Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Forms in support of AS9100 standard.
- Leads and supports the organizational readiness for all internal and external Quality Audits
- Supports overall identification of risks within the organization, as it pertains to compliance.
- Lead and drive process and product quality program compliance, to industry, company and customer requirements.
- Shall serve as or have the capability to become the Management Representative for the organization
- Oversees Preventative / Corrective Actions, customer quality responses, and nonconforming material requests (NCRs)
- Acts as liaison with proposals, materials, manufacturing, engineering, and customer contracts.
- Responsible for monitoring internal and external quality metrics and KPIs
- Manages creation and supports FAIR documentation, as applicable.
- Supports the organizational training and knowledge development with regards to quality systems and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports; manages documentation control systems.
- Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in quality assurance codes and standards.
- Conducts audits at subcontractors and key vendors.
· Exceptional proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 standards
· Detailed knowledge of IPC-610, J-STD-001, and NASA 8739.x workmanship standards for electronic assembly
· Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, associated with Circuit Card and Avionics Systems, design, manufacturing and test.
· Proficient Microsoft Products including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Proficient with document control repositories, MRP systems and quality toolbox
10+ years in a leadership position with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision making skills required
5+ years in aerospace industry, space experience highly preferred
Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field.