About The Position
At Aitech, our team is driven to redefine the possibilities of embedded hardware systems for space applications. We pride ourselves on 30+ years of successful space hardware delivery to our customers! We are growing our team to support human space flight missions to the lunar surface and beyond!
- Conduct the design, coding, and integration of software for the interface and control of Aitech’s VME and compact PCI embedded computer products
- Write code that interfaces with hardware devices (memory mapped registers, PCI/PCI Express, I2C, etc)
- Support and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- A thorough understanding of microprocessors, interface peripherals, and computer bus protocols required
- Design experience implementing VxWorks Board Support Packages (BSPs) and Built in Test (BIT) software desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent worker who can operate in a small company environment
- Ability to prepare and conduct design review presentations, both internal and to external customer audiences
- Lead special Research & Development project activities or investigations within the Electronic Engineering discipline.
- BS degree and 5+ years’ experience
- Experience with Operating Systems: VxWorks and Integrity
- C language required
- Experience with Real-time software development
- Experience with formal Software Engineering Development processes
- Minimum 5 years' experience in embedded software development
BS EE Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (and/or equivalent experience) with MS desired
Must be a US person (US Citizen or legal resident of US
* Aitech Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in the strength of a diverse work force and encourage qualified individuals to apply. It is the policy of Aitech to attract and retain the best qualified people available without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law